Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Cramping, bleeding after having sex. Taken progesterone. Going to have areola reconstruction. Pregnant?

I had my cycle Oct 16th 2011 was sexually active around 28 Oct unprotected and started cramping w/ heavy bleeding around the 11th Nov. Missed period for Dec, Jan, Feb. Took 1 round of progestrone mid Feb for 10days, but no period. Waited a few weeks took another round of Progestrone for 10 day mid March got period for 1 day. Have taken several HPT (hone pregnacy test) which were all negative. Have had 2 urine pregnacy tests at GYN doctor s office which were also negative. Was prescribed BC patch which I was on for 2 weeks until I started having severe dizziness and vomiting . stopped the patch and had a period. Haven t had a period since. My stomach has been swelling and I m experience movement. I haven t gained weight, but I ve haven t been able to lose weight even though I ve reduced my calories to1200 daily for the past 3 months combined with 4 days a week exercise. All my weight is in my stomach area (very full from under the breast area and down). I ve tried wearing a girdle to restrict my waist area but I m starting to experience pain in my stomach and lower back. I ve had testing for all my organs (pancrease, gallbladder , and liver function and they all came back fine). I m concerned because I had sugery March 30 for areola reconstruction. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? I have a retroverted uteris with fibroids .....
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016
Welcome to HCM.
There are several reason of missed or delayed period. First exclude pregnancy and you also get negative results several time.
Those are like hormonal imbalance,PCOD,over wt,Psychological upset,Eating habit disorder,stress, thyroid problem etc.
So need some investigations like USG lower abdomen,LH/FSH,PPBS,Thyroid profile,Blood estrogen and progesterone level etc.
Then consult with gynecologist with all reports and take advice accordingly.
Control body wt,avoid stress,take healthy diet and need proper sleep.
Be well.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jan 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor