Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Crack above anus, redness, bleeding, painful, itchy. Tried neosporin. How to make it go away? butt crack is cracked above the hole. It is red and sometimes bleeds a tiny bit. It hurts when I sit on the toilet and can sometimes be itchy. I have tried A&D ointment as well as Neosporin with pain relief....these soothe the area but aren t treating it. I have had this occur before and it eventually goes away on its own but clearly has come back. What should I do to make it go away? Thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
You should get physically examined for P/R examination by your doctor.
It seems that you are having fissure, once confirmed, start stool softners first, because hard stools cause mechanical trauma to anal mucosa.

Locally apply lignocaine jelly for pain relief as pain causes excessive spasm of the anal sphincter muscles, tight anal tone, so inability to pass stools & further constipation.

Sit in a tub containing leukwarm water, so that anus is dipped in it,
4 times in a day.
Eat high fibre diet, green leafy vegetables, drink plenty of water.
Take antibiotics, Vit. C preparation with your doctor's opinion.
Get your CBC done.
Wish you a good health.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor