Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Could you advice me some effective exercise for pain in shoulder and neck ?

Pain in upper and mid part of left shoulder and neck I mainly work on computer, from the last many years i have pain in my upper and mid part of left shoulder and now i have on the same side in neck as well. Few months back i consulted Orthopedic and he suggested physiotherapy after seeing the x-ray. Physiotherapy relieved the pain but again over a period of time it has developed back. Physiotherapist advised me exercises of which few i am still doing. Mainly its stiffness in muscles, could you please advise me some effective exercises or message.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
this type of pain can be either from cer. spondylitis or muscular fatigue due to continous over stretch. Keep on changing position and viewing here or there while working on computer. locally you can apply myostaal gel and internally have tab. R compound with triodashang guggul. If spondylitis is confirmed the an ayurvedic procedure called greeva vasti can also be considered.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Anisha Parmar's  Response
you can continue the exercise sugggested by your exercise you can do is that you have to roll your hand from shoulder jt clock wise &anti clockwise for 10 time can take muscle relaxant like ekangver ras 2tab 3time for sometime.avoid to sit on computer for longer time.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Your problem is obvioulsy related to your work. Aviod sitting for long hours, try changing your chair/sitting arrangement. You physiotherapist must have adviced exercises, do those regularly. There are some yog aasanas which are very help full for such condition. YOu can see a yog specialist for this. Hot fomentation is helpful .
You can try homoeopathic remedies for pain relief.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor