• question-icon

Could the swollen glands and swollen bumps be due to Herpes?

I have had a left gland in my throat swollen for 2 weeks for the first week no sickness but then got very sick for two days.i dont usually shave but I did and had two funny bumps get swollen its been there for a week...I dont know if its herpes or maby me over reacting
Thu, 14 Nov 2019

It seems to be a furuncle which is bacterial infection of the hair follicle. I would recommend you to take a course of oral and topical antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist