• question-icon

Could the rash inside the vagina of an infant be due to herpes?

My husband and I both have genital herpes. We have a two year old daugther who up till now has had no issues. I noticed a long red looking sore on the inside of her labia. Could we have passed them to her through hand contact changing diapers? I have been cleaning her good and putting cream but still seems the same it has been two days.
Mon, 4 Nov 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

Transmission of herpes through hands when both the parents are having it is a definite theoretical possibility. But to prove that whether it is really Herpes requires PCR testing.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology