Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Could i be pregnant if my husband had vasectomy ?

Possible to get pregnant after my husband had a vasectomy 3 years ago? my husband had a vasectomy done about 3 years ago and now I am feeling like i might be pregnant. Is this possible? Im faithful 100%.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  411
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Failure of vasectomy doesnt occur very often.But it usually occurs soon after the surgery.Of course there is a chance,however minimal,that it may happen.
First take a pregnancy test if you miss your period.If its positive,your husband should have a semen analysis.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Vasectomy has a failure rate of only 0.5%. You need to confirm with a Pregnancy test dear. Why stay in doubt. If you detect a pregnancy and want to keep it, it's beautiful. If not, you can easily get it terminated. But make sure first.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor