Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Cones on hands. Using salicylic acid plasters. Is surgery necessary?

I've had a cone on the palm of my left hand (1 year +) for a long period and i've been using plasters that contain salicylic acid, but it's just been peeling the skin around the cone and at one time it seemed that the cone was disappearing but just after a week the cone was back again. Well i've had a tendency of peeling the soft skin each time i change my plaster.
But after trying numerous times and visiting pharmacy's in China, Tanzania and South Africa, it's been mentioned that i will have to have it removed. I just wanted to know if this procedure was okay and are there any steps that to be taken before the minor Op. is done?
Recently it seems another cone has started growing on the tip of my right thumb.
Please advice.

Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that having a cone on the palm of your hand is something that you have lived with for more than a year and that you would benefit hugely from surgery. However, I do not understand that you had taken medications from pharmacies in china, tanzania, south africa and all instead of having it just removed. I hope you get the surgery as soon as you can. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 25 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor