Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Colorless bumps with itching on the body. What are these?

Hi, i started itching all over my body a few days ago.
there is nothing on the skin, but after scratching it, there appears a lot of small colourless bumps there and the itching just gets worst. The bumps go away after a while again.
It is getting really bad, because i keep scratching myself the whole day everywhere!!
please help??
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  405
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HCM.
It seems that you are suffering from the problem of Dermographism- which is a type of urticaria where there is appearance of temporary evanescent swelling of skin with itching over the line of trauma, rubbing or scratching. This is a common entity and not as all a serious problem.
The most important thing to prevent it is by avoiding scratching and taking round the clock antihistaminic drugs. The best would be non sedating antihistamine such as Loratadine ( can be taken up to 1 time or can be increased to 3 times a day) or Fexofenadine ( single dose).
Do not be panicky about the situation as it is simple hypersensitivity where most of the times we are not able to find a particular cause and is also self subsiding.
Hope this information will help you.
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor