Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Colon removed due to FAP, tumor removed from pubic bone. Severe back problems after surgery. Is there any abdominal strengthening treatment?

My son in law had his colon removed due to F.A.P. (has about an inch left of his colon); recently he had a tumor removed from his pubic bone and during the surgery the doctors removed both of his bottom abs. His life is totally changed now. Now he is having severe back problems and has to be meda-boarded from the military due to this surgery. What/who can he talk to doctor wise that deals with muscle growth or some kind of abdominal strengthening treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcomthings which can e to HCMForum. I feel sorry for his condition. health is such that we should try all the possible ways to recover. actually general physician is the doctor you have to consult for the present. Diet minimal exercise and diversion procedures are the things which can help him.
I advise some such things for his recovery as Diet give him green leafy vegetables pulses sprouts fruits and juices. if prefers egg meat and sea foods can be taken.
Diversion procedures like meditation simple yoga reading hearing music watching TV will defenitely help him to recover. Thanks for calling.
Answered: Sat, 25 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor