Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Had a C-section. Pain in pubic bone after walking. Will it go away?

Hi I had a c section 7 weeks ago, I am a very active person and to get back in shape started walking 4 miles a day. I want to start running again but am experiencing a sharp pain in my pubic bone area this could be my groin I am not sure. What can o do to make this go away it hurts when doing anything physical and is really limiting me so I cannot get back to my old self. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
the hormones of pregnancy cause the ligaments at the front of the pelvis holding the bones together (the symphysis pubis) to become lax. this can cause pain in this region. the symptoms typically do improve following delivery but may take a few months to completely subside. in the mean time an antiinflammatory medication can help although if you are breast feeding this may not be recommended.
Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor