Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Cluster of moveable lumps beneath front bottom teeth, pimple with white heads, pain in cheek area post Zpack. Serious?

I ve been to the doctor three times for a cluster of lumpbs beneath my front bottom teeth , there seems to be about four of them, small, and can t be seen unless I depress the floor of my mouth with my tongue and then it looks like a pimple with a white head. Initially they instructed me to keep an eye on it and see if it got worse or doesn t go away. It didn t go away, so I returned to the doctor, who said it was an infection and gave me a Z pack. Several days later, I noticed a pain in the cheek area and went back, and he changed the antibiotic to Augmentin , which has relieved my cheek symptoms, however, it has not done anything to the lumps under my front teeth seemingly. They are small and moveable and seems to be roundish and very close together. I m concerned they re obviously something more serious. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  267
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
I read your problem,you did not tell that do you have pain in these lumps?
first of all i would like to inform you that if you do not have pain these could normal anatomy of oral cavity which is lump like structures beneath the lower front teeth,but not painful,these are normal structures of our oral you gave the detail i feel that it is the same.these are genial tubercles which are sift tissue projections of mental spine on the mandible bone,these are 4 in number 2superior and 2 inferior.if you have more doubts i will suggest you please go to an oral surgeon and go for complete clinical examination done.nothing to get worried.
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Rahul Banerjee's  Response
hi abyssaldream,
i think either it is a fibrous growth or gingival enlargement. consult a dental surgeon(oral pathologist) they will guide you properly.
get well soon.
Dr.Rahul Banerjee
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor