• question-icon

Clogging in left ear, ringing noises, wax build up, hearing loss. Treatment?

Could I have tinnitus or just an ear problem? I m worried at the moment, due to the fact that my left ear has been clogged and I hear ringing noises out of it. My hearing is effected I can barely hear out of my left ear compared to my right ear. Although I haven t been exposed to large amounts of noise. I haven t gone to a concert or have my ears ringing before. I just have a huge buildup up wax in both of my ears. So one day after I ve been taking eardrops to loosen up the wax my mother stuck a q-tip in my ear and tried to clean it out which left my ear clogged up and my hearing to be a bit off in my left ear.
Sat, 12 Apr 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello
it seems from the history that you are having ringing noises in ear with wax build up and hearing loss.
Both complaints can be caused by wax in the ear, hence the first thing to be done is removal of the wax mechanically or by using wax dissolving drugs like waxol.
Hence I advice you to consult your ENT doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you