Suggest treatment for hearing loss and mastoiditis

For the past 15 months I had swollen glands, sore throats. several ear infections, several sinus infections. I have been on 13 antibotics in 15 months. I have complained of my ear hurting and it feels like I have something stuck in the back of my throat. Been seeing an ENT doc for 5 months. He check my hearing. I have hearing loss in the right ear and he ordered a CT Scan. I have mastioids. What should be the next step
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

18 months of suffering with swollen glands, sore throat, several ear infection, 13 courses of antibiotics still ear pain, feeling of something in throat, seen by an ENT for 5 months indicates one of the following:
- Tuberculosis is by far the commonest cause of such problems not responding to routine antibiotic treatment which you have taken 13 times in 15 months.
- Hence I would advise you the following:
Ultrasound of the swollen glands and guided FNAC to see for tuberculosis or any other granulomatous diseases.
- Tests of blood:
CBC with ESR.
CRP
Blood sugars and HbA1c.
TB gold test.
Mantoux test.
- X-ray or CT scan of chest and sinuses, and Mastoids.
All these will give a definitive diagnosis so that a specific treatment can be done.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon