Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Chronic vertigo, syncope. MRI shows angioma and nodules in white matter. Have headache

I am dealing with chronic vertigo and several episodes of syncope . My family doctor ordered an MRI that revealed an angioma in the front left lobe and innumerable nodules in the white matter of the brain. The radiologists thought it to be evidence of MS. Because I show no symptoms of MS, my doctor referred me to a neurologist . Physical exam - she felt I did not display symptoms of MS, but definitely inner ear problems. She ordered another MRI of my spine , catscan of my brain and numerous blood tests. Still no sign of MS. An Interventional Neuro-radiologist on the team recommended a cerebral angiogram to determine whether I had a venous angioma and/or if it had a fistual on it. This test confirmed no presence of a fistula, just a venous angioma. I have a brother who had a brain bleed in 2009. I was so bad moved the brain over 3 inches. He was found at home unconscious, rushed to emergency and a crainiotomy (sp) was performed. His recovery took 3 months, but he is with us, thank God!!! Wondering if either the venous angioma and the nodules/lesions in the white matter of the brain could be causing my symptoms: Some headaches (left side) the chronic dizzyness and syncope. Also wondering if what my brother went through and what I am experiencing can be familial. Can stress add to these symptoms? I appreciate any insight you give me on this.
Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Venous angioma could be a cause of intracranial bleed and also it can be familial. Condition which comes to my mind when you say of headache, white matter nodules and family history is CADASIL. Its a relatively rare disease. Tests are available for confirming it. However before jumping on to all that, your brother's disease needs to be confirmed first. His scans also have to be reviewed. Correlation of findings in him and in you can give some conclusive evidence to the doctors.
good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor