Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Chronic upper abdominal pain, stool and gas build-up, dull pain on movement. Treatment options?

Hi, I ve been having leftside upper abdominal pain for 5 days now. I went to the er on monday and they couldn t find anything wrong on x-ray . Just that i had stool and gas build up in that area. They gave me some stuff to clean me out and it worked, but the pain didn t go away. Could this be soreness or should i head back to the er to see if its something else? I don t really wanna go back unless i really have to. I am not throwing up or any blood in stool . The pain is dull for the most part. Only happens when i get up and walk or move at times.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.


The dull aching abdominal pain associated with bloating could have been caused by,

A)Simple Indigestion // Dyspepsia //due to consumption of unusual food habits- It coul be self limiting for which you can have a wait and watch policy for a day .If you have taken some unusual sea food/tinned or stored foods kindly always take freshly prepared food from now on.

B)Mixed Amoebic/bacterial infection;-A course of antibiotics/anti amoebic medicines with antacids and spasmolytics will do.Kindly hydrate yourself with adequate oral fluids.In addition some probiotic suppliments will help.In a case of infection of this nature you would have fever also in addition to above symptoms.

C)Acid Peptic Disorder: You may have developed Hyperacidity due to irregular food habits .popularly called Hurry/Worry and Curry disorder.Pls take bland soft timely food.


Timely food habits/Abstain from Smoking/Alcohol/Tea and coffee spicy and oily food.


Kindly get your routine blood /urine and stools tests done in a Pathology Laboratory.

The gold standard diagnostic procedure if it does not get relieved by above measures is Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy by a Gastro-enterologist and following advice therafter..

Wishing you a quick recovery,

Best Regards,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.

Answered: Tue, 13 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor