Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Chronic pain in lower back, lumbar L5 spondylosis. Doing exercises provides relief. Permanent cure?

I face pain at my lower back since last 10 years. I consusted with doctor and he explained the pain is causing due to lumber L5 spondylosis and therefore, he suggested some exercises. I practice those mostly and I feel good. But once I stop doing these, I feel the pain. Is there any permanent way out to recover completely from the pain in such case ?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Doing regular exercise is the best way to keep your spine flexible and retard the further progression of spondylottic changes of the spine. For the short term relief, muscle relaxants and pain killers will help you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor