Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Chronic pain. Calcific mass on parietal area, fibromyalgia. Taken morphine. Help?

Hi, I have found out that my neck is entirely curved in the wrong direction and my primary and secondary doctors have agreed that I am not a surgical candidate because the surgery would be long and complicated as two of my vertebra rest on my spinal cord . In short, I am told I have to live with this chronic pain for the rest of whatever. I ve tried shots, tens unit and chiropractic manipulations, all to no avail. Do you know of anyone who provides laser surgery for my condition. It appears that because the whole of my cervical spine plus T-1 is involved. I also have a small area that looks like a calcific mass in my left frontal parietal area but no one has been concerned with it. My symptoms have been blackouts, fainting and double vision along with increasingly painful headaches. I also have fibromyalgia. For all of my symptoms I am being treated with Percocets 10 mg., 1 every 4 hours; morphine 30 mg., 1 three times a day. I am allergic to aspirin, ibuprofen and all nsaids as well as all fibromyalgia meds. These allergies are a result of a gastric bypass done in 2001. So, as you can see, I have a number of medical problems. I also am being treated for mild depression with Wellbutrin and Zoloft. My other meds are Bumex and Estrace. I also take calcium, one multivitamin daily and magnesium. I was wondering if you know of a treatment for my condition. The doctors I ve seen say they ve never seen a total curvature of a cervical spine plus impingement on T-1. So, I am wondering if you could offer me any hope for a surgical or laser procedure. I am being told that I will eventually have a Dowager hump and they attribute most of my problem to my years as a medical transcriptionist and loss of bone growth following a car accident in college. I would appreciate any type of feedback from anyone who has dealt with this problem or type of surgery that may be available. I look forward to an early response and I remain, Sincerely, Jan Dale
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
For chronic pain and fibromyalgia the pain medication that you are taking should be sufficient to control the pain. In case the pain is persistent and you do not get pain relief even for 2-3 hours after taking the medicine, then do consider attending a pain clinic for further evaluation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Thu, 3 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor