Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Child with lump behind ear. Done U/S, found Haemangioma. Diagnosed correct?

Hi. I took my nearly 3 year old to his pediatrician today for a very large lump that suddenly appeared behind his ear on or around his mastoid process. His pediatrician ordered an ultrasound and after hearing from the radiologist said it is more than likely a hemangioma . I m still very concerned though because his lump looks nothing like the photos I find online and he seems to be older than the age that these normally appear....?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thank you for your query.
Kindly do not panic. Though it is a rare site for hemangioma but hemangiomas can be found anywhere on the body.To confirm the diagnosis an MR angiography is the gold standard.There is no treatment for hemangioma but if it is disfiguring the face,growing rapidly,bleeding or causing any discomfort it should be treated. Medically it can be treated with steroids of chemotherapeutic agents or it can be treated surgically. If you need an expert opinion consult a plastic surgeon.Hope this answers your query. have a nice day
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor