Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from ear ache. What treatment should be done?

Hi, my 3 yr old daughter is suffering with a bit of earache, she said she could hear something in her ear before bedtime last night then awoke in pain later in the night. She seems to not be hearing things as well and she has also had a cough for a couple of weeks now. I m thinking it is more catarrh in her ears than an infection because the pain doesn t seem acute and she hasn t a high temp. Was wondering the best course of treatment?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
It can be one f the following:
1-Allergy causing nose block,increased pressure in the middle ear leading to pain in the ear.
2- wax in the ear
3 post viral infection
It is better to see the doctor to treat her as ear infection can lead to perforation!
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman's  Response

Following a respiratory infection, middle ear gets affected commonly in kids.

It might be a simple Eustachian tube obstruction or a fluid collected in the middle ear that causes the ear pain.

It would be better if you have her seen by Pediatrician/ ENT doctor for a good examination. They will give you medications with antihistamines and decongestants- like sinarest, along with Acetaminophen. Your kid will be better with these medicines and steam inhalation if possible.

hope my answer helps you.
Wish a speedy recovery for your kid.
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor