Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Child not passing stool for 2 days. Should we change diet?

Hello Doctor,
My Daughter is 2.6 yrs old and since 2 days she is unable to pass stools.We made her sit in the potty for more than 10 mins but still finds it hard to pass the stool. We are unsure if she is throwing up food and milk due to this problem.Please advise if we need to replace the regular diet of rice,milk and ragi malt with anything else or should we consult a personal doctor for medicines.
Thanks & Regards,
Rajani Venkatesh
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Is she having abdominal distention?

If there is abdominal distention with vomiting with constipation then your kid should be shown to the doctor to rule out intestinal obstruction.

If there is no such problem then laxatives prescribed by your doctor will be useful.
Avoid junk food and give diet rich in fruits and vegetables.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor