Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Child having loose motions. Not cured by ZIFI 100. Should I continue the medicine?

Hi, My Child is having loose motion although not severe (twice in a day) for the past 4 days. Our Paedetrician suggested ZIFI 100 Syrup. He suggested us to continue this for 6 days regardless of my child has loose motion or not. After my child was given the first dosage today around 11.30 AM, she has passed loose motion atleast around 5 times. (first time being around noon, and the other 4 times from evening 5 to 9PM). Can we continue or discontinue ZIFI 100?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  397
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Continue the medication as prescribed by your Pediatrician.
Give oral rehydration solutions like Pedialyte, coconut water to prevent dehydration.
Probiotic like lactobaciilus or sacharomyces and zinc can be added to his treatment after consulting your doctor.
Monitor his hydration status.
If the loose motions are continuing or any signs of dehydration present consult your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor