Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child having hearing loss. Suggested Cochlear implantation. Can cure with homeopathic medicine?

Hello Doctor..i need small information pls suggest me. My kid is 1 and half year baby. He has Hearing loss problem. We consulted 1 family dr he said baby should go for Cochlear Implantation . He took lot of pain for his day 1 infact he is a pre-mature baby. So we are lil worried about our kid again with sergery . My friend suggested even Homeopathy will cure this problem, is that true? Pls suggest
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1807
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Prematurity may be the cause for hearing loss.

Has BERA test been done?

And what is its inperpretation?

If there is sensory hearing problem, the treatment is cochlear implant only.

In this type of hearing problem, hearing is not improved by using the drugs or medication.

I advise you to consult an ENT specialist and audiologist for further advise on implant.

Coming to homeopathy, i am not an authentic person to comment on its effectivity in treating this type of problems, but in general this type of hearing impairment may not be treated with medication of any alternative medicine.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor