Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Child have pain in head due to a fall along with drowsiness. What should I do?

Hello Sir/Ma'am
My 10 yr old son and myself were playing basketball in the backyard on concrete and while playing he slipped and hit the left side of his head. It has been about 1/2 hour since the incident. He complains of pain in the head in and around the area of the place he got injured. Also he complains of being drowsy. About 10 minutes after the fall he was using the wall to walk. What should I do?

Srini ( YYYY@YYYY )
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Warning signs which need to be watched after head injury are;
-bleeding from ear or nose
-any abnormal movement.
Since he is drowsy I suggest you to get him examined by doctor.
In the meantime apply ice compresses over injured area and give acetaminophen for pain relief.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor