Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Child has tympanic spasms, painful. Which specialist recommended?

My son has Tympanic Spasms in his ears and it is very painful. We live in the North East. Who do you reccomend for a specialist in the North East area? Any suggestions on how to get some relief from this condition? We have gotten a Occlusial guard for sleeping, and he is eating soft foods but still nothing is working and if anything the condition is getting worse
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
The 'tympanic spasm' could be due to Eustatian tube (the tube connecting middle ear cavity to naso-pharynx) blockage by secretions, that leads to absorption of air from middle ear creating vacuum in middle ear - that creates the pain.
How old is your child? I could suggest some chewing gums (yes, true) as the act of chewing opens up the naso-pharyngeal opening of the tube and cause aeration of middle ear cavity and relieve the pain.
Try this at home till you visit a specialist.
Any way, it will be better to visit an ENT doctor to get his ear examined. I dont have contacts from your area. Sorry for that.
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor