Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Child has gooey discharge through eyes, diagnosed to be viral, suggestion of sticking the discharge under the eyelid. Any suggestions?

My daughter, 5, has a gooey substance coming out of her eye. It is not pink eye/ conjunctivitus...the nurse technician said it was a viral infection. But anyway this goo is about the size of a dime. she told us just to stick it back in under her eyelid; she is working on a referrel for an oftalmologist. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
hi dear thanks for choosing HCM

according to the discharge which is sticky and viscous and the amount you have mentioned your child has children,pink eye may not be there.

there is absolutely no logic to stick it anywhere near the eye.
instead try to keep the eye clean.
and instill tobramycin eye drops four times a day for 5 days

good luck
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Gayatree Mohanty's  Response
It could be viral but would still require antibiotic eye drops to prevent secondary infection.
Please have her checked at ophthalmology clinic.
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor