Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Child has foul smelling flatulence, has a good diet, no instance of pain or food allergies. Is dairy a better choice for detecting allergy?

my 7 year old son has very foul smelling flatulence and has had it for a few years. He eats a fairly healthy diet with fruits, veggies, lean meats, wheat breads and cereals, eggs, nuts , milk... (very rarely fried foods or candy or soda ) No pain associated that we have noticed at all and he s never been diagnosed with any food allergies . If I were to try and determine a food allergy causing this, is dairy the best start, or something easier ? Also, how long should i remove a food before moving onto another to test it?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
normally we dont need milk afte 2 years of life
when we add milk and diary many children start with different problems
you eliminate milk and diary
every thing will be fine
for confirmation can get blood serum tests for milk wheat potato specific antibodies
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor