• question-icon

How to treat fluid in lungs and swelling of left kidney ?

I have been having body pain, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue. There is small amount of fluid on lung, swollen left kidney, nodules on lungs and something on liver. I have had ct scans and mri's on lungs, liver and kidneys, but no conclusion. I am now having extensive bloodwork done. ie; lupus antibodies, AST, Total protein, CA 125, ESR - ANA.
Mon, 30 Oct 2017
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description possibility of either connective tissue disease (CTD) or cancer ( kidney or lung) is more likely.
Swollen left kidney can be due to kidney tumour.
Nodules on lung can be due to lung malignancy.
So apart from blood reports, also get done biopsy from kidney swelling and lung nodule to rule out cancer.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.