• question-icon

What causes dark colored urine with yellow eyes?

hi, i have been experencing yellow eyes and my urine is tea color dark. The docor did an ultrasound on my liver and he said it was enlarged and my antibodies in my blood is high. And when you push in on my liver it is really tender. My ast and alt is up in my blood test. Gallstones run in my family also. what do you think
Wed, 9 Aug 2017
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can

Well, these are typical signs of jaundice and treatment depends on exact cause.
Jaundice is usually sign of certain liver disease and high bilirubin value.
Causes of jaundice vary from non-serious to potentially fatal. Levels of bilirubin in blood are normally below 1.0 mg/dL (17 µmol/L) and levels over 2-3 mg/dL (34-51 µmol/L) typically results in jaundice.
High bilirubin may be due to liver diseases such as cirrhosis or hepatitis, infections, medications, orblockage of the bile duct In the developed world the cause is more often blockage of the bile duct or medications.
Blockage of the bile duct may occur due to gallstones, cancer, or pancreatitis. Medical imaging such as ultrasound is useful for detecting bile duct blockage.Treatment of jaundice is typically determined by the underlying cause. If a bile duct blockage is present surgery is typically required, otherwise management is medical.
Medical management may involve treating infectious causes and stopping medication that could be contributing. I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.