• question-icon

What could throbbing pain with digestive issues indicate?

I have had pain in left flank area for months.Pain is mostly upon palpation though it does throb sometimes, and the affected area is growing. Also having digestive issues,polyneuropathy,chronic anemia & Vitamin D deficiency, sciatica, EDS, and antibodies suggesting SLE -to name a few other things going on.I have an impressive list of specialists I see, but no one has an answer for this one yet. Any thoughts? Thank you for your time.
Thu, 22 Mar 2018

I think you may be suffering from malabsorption syndromes, which may cause poor absorption of iron and vitamins from food lead to deficiency. Also, irritable bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel problems may present like this.

The systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) may also cause digestive problems, and gastrointestinal tract (GIT) inflammation lead to poor absorption. Please consult your gastroenterologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu