Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Child has difficulty in walking or eating, looks small for his age. Is there any treatment?

Hi doctor, I am doing some social work and have come across a cp child who cannot walk nor eat. He is only 3 years old but the size of a 1 year old from the the Northern Areas of Pakistan where there are hardly any medical facilities hence brought him to Islamabad for check ups. There are two things I am unsure after; can we cure this with an operation as therapy would be hard to find in such a remote area. Secondly, some doctors have told me to have a tube in the child since he cannot eat whereas the others have simply said it is to do with the brain
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello ,

thanks for writing to us

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopaedic surgeon .

I have studied your case.

firstly I congratulate you for your initiative keep going

yes we can treat this child
CP is a disorder of brain growth ,delayed milestones is common feature

We need to undergo clinical examination and accordingly decide for

surgery , physiotherapy , rehabilitation and special trainning

best thing in you should admit this child in school/care centre for specially disabled children[mentally retarded children]

Do stretches and rotation of all joints

If the above do not help, you may need to see a Physiotherapist

Take care
for further query contact my profile directly
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor