Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Child bumped his head, has a noticeable bump behind ear, touch of nausea. Should I take him to urgent care?

My eight yr old son tried to climb on his seven yr old sister s shoulders while at a water park, and he fell and bumped his head on a concrete step. That was at six o clock. At eight-thirty, just before he went to bed, he had a very noticeable bump behind his right ear. He complained of a touch of nausea just after six, in the car on the way home, but nothing again after he mentioned it that once. At home, before bed, he watched part of a movie and ate some food. Should I wake him up and take him to the urgent care center to be seen, or is he probably fine? (I ve started all of my google-ing after he s gone to bed, and now I m getting increasingly more worried,)
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear gracieffowler ,

based on the symptoms , i seems like a minor head injury , over the counter ibuprofen and acetaminophen will reduce the pain and swelling

yet if he presents with symptoms
1. vomittimg
2. headache dizziness
3. loss of consiousness
it could be a concussion , visit your a physician for physical examination to evaulate the nessicity of a ct /mri ...

thank you
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor