Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Chest injury due to fall, extreme pain, smoker. Symptoms of lung cancer?

Hello, Around a week earlier I fell on my chest of my skateboard rolling under a decent speed. Now I m a smoker, for like 1 year now, and suddenly, two days ago my chest started hurting and it s escalating. Today I haven t had any problems but right now in the night I do really feel it. I m scared that I have lung cancer . Is there any way to prove it by looking at symptoms?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear customer,

The fall on chest on skateboard may cause some tissue injury and in rare cases fracture rib which might be causing pain in the chest.

You should at least have the chest x-ray done to rule out any underlying injury after consulting your doctor/emergency.

Though you may take the pain killers like diclofenac and apply diclofenac gel locally to control the symptoms for the time being till you visit the doctor.

The lung cancer occur when a person smokes for years and is unlikely just after a year.

You may have the ct chest done as well if you want to rule out any lung cancer or any mass lession in the lung.

Do try to quit smoking as it only harms and is not a beneficial thing to do.

Have a happy life and health.

Thank you
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor