Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Car injury, unconscious, feeling dizzy when trying to sleep

hello Dr. I am Harish writing to you from india. Describing the problem... I was travelling in a SUV this afternoon and met with an accident where the vehicle s back was damaged badly. But my friend i was safe inside with both hit to each others head (his parietal part of the skull and my right forehead ) I got down very consciously and reached my home. Then, I slept for 2 hours or more. Everything seems behaving pretty well. Now, When I am trying to sleep on bed, i am feeling dizzy and something spinning around. But, open my eyes again normal. Please help me out anyway you can.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Harish,
I suppose there was no brief period of unconsciousness in your case.
Are you having nausea , visual disturbance or severe headache?
As you hit your friend's head and both of are otherwise fine so I do not think the impact was so severe to cause head injury. What is more probable is that it might be a vestibular sensation something like a vertigo because of the impact.
What I suggest is try to sleep for a couple of hours and see if that helps.
If the symptoms are persistent or you have vomiting or severe headache then I suppose you might have to get a MRI Brain ( plain ) done.
Advice: Be slow in your movements of change of position.
Apply ice packs locally at the point of impact to reduce soft tissue inflammation.
In case the spinning sensation is the only symptom that you face and it is persistent then see an ENT specialist to get a thorough examination of ear and vestibular apparatus.
Answered: Fri, 5 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aniruddha Panja's  Response
Hi Dear ...
Take rest , get a CT scan of brain done and consult a neurologist ....

take care
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor