Owl Image

Can you die from type 2 diabetes?

Can you die from type 2 diabetes?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Though yes, one need not. Not only death it can even cause serious complications in the body.

my friend has type 2 diabetes and takes metformin not sure of mg but almost died his blood suger was 610 he has only been on it for about a month he has been out of meds for 2 days I need to know how much it is so I can get his meds but he wont tell me. I didn t know I had to pay for this thanks anyway

On a 3 hr. gtt, at hour 2 my urine glucose level was 500. The test showed that I have type 2 Diabetes. I have at least a 7 yr. history of neuropathy. In that time Neurontin has been increased to 3600 mg. I also have extreme fatigue, sore joints and muscles, serious cognitive issues (slowing in eeg), my head swims, I have a numb, but still painful feeling on the left side in the middle of my back, and my father died with kidney failure. I have more testing scheduled with a neurologists, but I am growing more concerned the more I read about glucose in the kidneys that i might need to see a nephrologist. I need a professional opinion.

Hello, I am a 59 yr old female with type 2 diabetics. My doctor prescribed Gabapentine for the pain in my feet. I take 2 kinds of insulin,,, 3 units of Humalog before each meal, and 20 units of lantus once a day. I was recently in the hospital for my diabetics. Problems with my kidneys and my heart. I came with in a few hours of dying, that s what they told me anyway. but that has really turned around....now my question.....I am afraid of this Gabapentine. It has some very awful sounding side effects......should I really be worried?

Recent questions on Diabetes

Hello doctor! I am a male 55 yrs old and a diabetic patient using glycinorm M40 twice and Janumet 50/500 at night and Volibo 0.2 in the afternoon. Off late for the last 4 months i am suffering from erectile disfunction. please advise me the suitable medicine. my sugar level is fasting between 104 and 115 and PP is 225 and 250

What is the intial symptoms of prostate infection ?
What is the use Alfusin 10mg and Doxy-1 L-DR forte ? The Deanxit will hep for Prostate Functions ? And the Nervuper use for what ?
Moideen
50 years old
Glucoma patient for the last 8 years (Xalatan and Alphagan-P)
Diabetic patient for the last 2 years (Galvus 50 x 2 daily) Not fully controled,
Cholistrol high (Rosuvas 10mg)
74 Kg weight

My wife aged 55 years is diognised with diabetic neuropathy very recently (one month approx). She is a diabetic patient for over a decade. Presently on insulin and tablets.
1. Is there a cure for this disease.
2. Request, please refer a Doctor where I can take her for further treatment.

Hi Doc

I am a male, 68yo, widower, Chinese (not from China). I lead an active sex life.....I have sex at least twice a week sometimes with different women (not prostitute). For the last 1 month, 5 out of 10 times that I have sex...I couldn't ejaculate although the sensation of ejaculation were there. I have Type 1 Diabetes..I inject 52mg of insulin everyday plus captoril and simvastatin. I also consume 80mg of Aspirin everyday for the last 20 years.

My question is.....Is there any kind of medication\drug that I can take so that I can ejaculate each time I have sex.

Thank you.

James Kee

Yes, really I would like to know why after I eat I feel drained, sometimes shaky and need to go to sleep

Hello. For the past few weeks I have been urinating a lot and my urine is very clear. Is this cause for concern?

We have consulted a doctor and she has prescribed Tab Duphaston (10 mg) twice daily. Could you advise us of its purpose and if it has any side effects in long-term. We would really appreciate your advice on this.