Can you die from type 2 diabetes?

Can you die from type 2 diabetes?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Though yes, one need not. Not only death it can even cause serious complications in the body.

my friend has type 2 diabetes and takes metformin not sure of mg but almost died his blood suger was 610 he has only been on it for about a month he has been out of meds for 2 days I need to know how much it is so I can get his meds but he wont tell me. I didn t know I had to pay for this thanks anyway

On a 3 hr. gtt, at hour 2 my urine glucose level was 500. The test showed that I have type 2 Diabetes. I have at least a 7 yr. history of neuropathy. In that time Neurontin has been increased to 3600 mg. I also have extreme fatigue, sore joints and muscles, serious cognitive issues (slowing in eeg), my head swims, I have a numb, but still painful feeling on the left side in the middle of my back, and my father died with kidney failure. I have more testing scheduled with a neurologists, but I am growing more concerned the more I read about glucose in the kidneys that i might need to see a nephrologist. I need a professional opinion.

Hello, I am a 59 yr old female with type 2 diabetics. My doctor prescribed Gabapentine for the pain in my feet. I take 2 kinds of insulin,,, 3 units of Humalog before each meal, and 20 units of lantus once a day. I was recently in the hospital for my diabetics. Problems with my kidneys and my heart. I came with in a few hours of dying, that s what they told me anyway. but that has really turned around....now my question.....I am afraid of this Gabapentine. It has some very awful sounding side effects......should I really be worried?

Recent questions on  Diabetes

hi iam a diabetic patient and suffering from erectile dysfunctionlegs ,feet and muscles pain.iam under insulin and my sugar is almost normal,my cholostrel is below 7 while blood pressure is at 140/85.I had recently a buy pass..i have visited a neuroligist and has prescribed to use tablets which would help in blood flow

my husband was diagnosed with hemochromotosis in June 2013, after 8 hospital stays and numerous test he now has liver failure, diabetes and stage D heart failure. His EF rate was betweeen 5-10% now at 20% according to latest Echo, but he can barely walk or talk without being winded. He is on the liver and transplant list as a 1B waiting at home on dobutomine, how long can one stay on the drug without damage to organs? The dr wants to do a right heart cath to measure pressures now sure why...thanks

i am a diabetic, testing pp fasting every month, mostly the readings are 130 pp 140. For the last few months, I am getting pain while urinating in penis and immediately after urinating, not always, sometimes - once a week. There is no stone found in ultrasound, all reports normal, urine culture normal and urine routine test is also normal. in last six months, have lost 5 kgs of weight. pl advise.

I AM HAVING SOFT STOOLS FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS. I AM ALSO DIABETIC - FASTING 128, PP -148. I STARTED HAVING SOME ALOPATHY FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS FOR SUGAR. I DON T HAVE ANY ABDOMINAL PAIN. WHAT COULD BE THE REASONS FOR SOFT STOOLS, MOREOVER, I ALSO FEEL LIKE GOING TO LATRINE TWO-THREE TIMES A DAY. I HAD LEFT TESTES REMOVED 5 YEARS BECAUSE OF TUMOR IT WAS CANCER CA. MOST OF MY REPORTS ARE NORMAL. I HAVE ALSO 5-7 KGS WEIGHT IN 2-3 MONTHS. PLEASE SUGGEST REMEDIES HOW TO GET NORMAL STOOL, AND HOW TO INCREASE WEIGHT. I AM 41 YEARS OLD. MY NAME IS G.S. KANNAN FROM KOLKATA.

Yes, really I would like to know why after I eat I feel drained, sometimes shaky and need to go to sleep

Hello. For the past few weeks I have been urinating a lot and my urine is very clear. Is this cause for concern?

We have consulted a doctor and she has prescribed Tab Duphaston (10 mg) twice daily. Could you advise us of its purpose and if it has any side effects in long-term. We would really appreciate your advice on this.