Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Can tests for herpes be wrong? How can my partner be free of herpes?

The story goes that i was a virgin about a year ago and have only been with this one man. just about two to three weeks ago i got Herpes type two. but my boyfriend came out negative. he says he doesn t have it, yet i do? could the test be wrong about me? or could they be wrong about him? could he be lying? i don t understand how i could have gotten this. i have only been with this man and this man only. never have i ever cheated on him. is there any other way i could have gotten this without having sex?
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sexologist 's  Response
good morning
first of all dont blame any body ,it is an disease whic has transmitted to can be due to sexual intercourse or it can transfer from public toilits or some time in hospitilization
so it is very difficult to find out where fropm the infection has come
yes some times tests can be wrong,you can recheck by doing igm,igg for herpes 2(zoster),or you can do pcr test for it,
once a patient is having herpes 2 then we have to take medicine for lomg time and both the partners have to take medication and till yopu are not treated you should use condem while doing sexual intercourse,more ove herpes can transfer by doing oral sex also
this disease is treatable and one should take proper medication and go to an best sexologist doctor
dr vinod raina
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor