Can surgical screws cause nerve irritation?

I have been recovering from ankle surgery. I fractured my tibia and fibula. Got 5 screws in my fibula and 2 in my tibia. For weeks at a time I feel fine, able to jog, etc. But every few weeks (usually the day after a more intense workout) I get a burning, pinching sensation in the anterior part of my ankle. The pain seems to follow all the way up to right below my knee. Could the screws be causing nerve irritation or other kind of impingement? Or is it just a product of ankle instability?
Tue, 28 Jun 2016

I have studied your case with diligence

There is possibility of non union at fracture site leading to pain.

There can be associated ligament injury leading to instability.

If fracture is not united you need surgical intervention like open reduction and internal fixation with or without bone graft.
You can apply crepe bandage for support.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.