Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Can it possible to have genital Herpes outbreak after 19 years ?

I have had oral herpes outbreaks on or around my lip area since as far back as I can remember (maybe I was about 6-8 years old). In 1992, a Jr in high school, I had a genital outbreak. I have not had a genital outbreak in 19 years. But today, I am afraid that I feel the burning symptoms again. Doctors in the past have prescribed Zovirax topical cream for my oral outbreaks. Is there anything I can do or take over the counter to help me until I can schedule a doctor appointment? Age: 35
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  294
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
zovirax cream will help u
if u have more problem u can take tab zovirax 800 four time a day.
dont stress more as it can worsen herpes
avoid direct sun light
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
April is National STD Awareness Month. If you're living with Herpes, HPV, Hepatitis or other STDs, you're invited to join, the Official STD Support & Dating site.
It offers people with STD unique and safe environment to learn STD medical treatments, get help and advice, find trusted people to talk, meet new friends and partners. All personal information is private and anonymous.
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
  User's Response
please consult doctor and get blood examination. it will help you. meantine take plenty of water and clear hygenic step during menses. thanku
Answered: Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor