• question-icon

What causes a cluster of blisters underneath the shaft of the penis?

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had this cluster of 3 spots underneath the shaft of my penis! I popped them and water came out and it didn't ooze out, it shot out like a rocket and looked like water. I didn't know if it's from my gf and I having intense sex and made my penis raw.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Herpetic infection or friction blister, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it could be either herpesvirus infection or friction blisters due to aggressive sex.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 10 minutes later
This is after i popped them last night and today this is what it looks like! I have no pain and just have never sssn this before and i have been with my girl for 8 months.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be herpetic infection, topical antibiotic and oral antiviral drug

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be herpes infection which is a sexually transmitted viral disease.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily and take antiviral like tablet aciclovir 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days.
Antivirals are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 22 minutes later
What will the 5 day medicine do? And i have never had anything like this which is weird and she hasnt either. Can you get it from oral
Sex if she had a canker sore in her mouth? Can this go away for good? The photos are when i popped them and squeezed them hard. I got it barely hard just now to take better pics.
Brief Answer:
5 day medicines will heal the sores, can occur with oral sex

Detailed Answer:
Medicines will heal the sores.
Yes it can occur after oral sex.
Yes it will go away but it has chances of recurrence.
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist