Can i have Norvette as emergency contraceptive ?

hello, i m asking is, can i drink nordette as emergency contraceptive? what are the chances that it will work? i had unprotected sex past 65hours ago.. help me pls... i m very nervous. thanks. how should i drink the nordette? someone told me drink 4 pcs within 120 hours of unprotected sex and again 4 pill after 12hrs. is this true? thanksss! No Emergency contraceptive sold in the philippines.. so i m asking this nordette. thanks
Fri, 20 May 2011
Hello basia;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Nordette is not an emergency contraceptive pill.It is a regular birthcontrol/contraceptive pill containing Levonorgestrel and ethyniletradiol and is available in pack of 21 pills.some people do use it as a emergency contraceptive in the way that you have described but there will be side effects like untimely bleeding;spotting ;irregularity of periods which may happen due to misuse of the pills.Better option is if you are sexually active then you can take Nordette regularly as a contraceptive .
Thanks