Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Can i get a high level of T3 because of Krimson ?

I m taking Krimson 35 from past 1.5 yrs. Recently i got my thyroid profile done. My T4 and TSH levels r ok but my T3 is level is a bit high. Its 2.51 n the recommended level says that it shudnt exceed 2.33. Is it coz of Krimson 35 r do i have thyroid problems. Pls let me knw. Thankx in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hiii mam,

You are currently under treatment of PCOD for last 1.5yrs.
You have got your thyroid profile and your T4 & TSH level are ok.

If you dont take antithyroid drug or Thyroid Replacement Therapy,then increased T3 level is probably due to interaction with KRIMSON-35.

**Drugs that can increase T3 measurements include:

1)Birth control pills

**KRIMSON-35=combination of cyproterone acetate (Anti androgenic) and ethinyl ostradiol tablets (Estrogen)

So if your T3 test result 2.51 may be associated with following

# High levels of a protein that carries T3 in the blood (may occur in pregnancy, with use of birth control pills or estrogen, liver disease, or as part of an inherited condition)
# Hyperthyroidism
#T3 thyrotoxicosis (rare)

So if you get features of hyperthyroidism, then consult with your GP...otherwise dont worry.

All the best.
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor