Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Can history of TB show positive TB result in blood?

I had tb history approx. 30 years ago and I was cured. I do not have any symptoms and the specialist told me per the blood test I have tb again. My CT was clear. Can I? I don't think he can telling me just because the blootest was positive. Thanks for your answer.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
May 2017
Hi thanks for asking question.
For Tuberculosis diagnosis mostly symptoms of it present like cough, fever, weight loss etc.
Still for its diagnosis sputum examination done with chest x ray.
If they show negative result then chances of tuberculosis very less.
You have done ct scan also.
If still want further investigation then genetic study available like PCR.
I hope my suggestion will help you regarding diagnosis of tuberculosis.
Wish you good health
Answered: Mon, 8 Feb 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor