Can excessive anesthesia cause heart palpitations, heaviness and high heart rate?

Yesterday, I was at the dentist. I received 4 shots of Septocaine. After the fourth shot, I felt like I was passing out. My heart was racing, etc. I don't believe I ever lost consciousness, but I was unable to respond, feeling very "heavy," needing oxygen, etc. for 45 minutes. During this time, the dentist gave me an epipen (in case I was allergic to anything) and monitored my oxygen, pulse (around 100), and heartrate (which far exceeded my normal low level of around 100/60). Finally, they brought me to the ER where I came back around. I was diagnosed with a vasal response. Upon my research, I'm led to believe that my response was more due to receiving too much anesthesia. Opinion?
Thu, 28 Aug 2014