Can Sensodyne toothpaste be used during pregnancy ?

Im seven months pregnant what kind of toothpaste can i safely use Just wanna know if i can use sensodyne toothpaste while pregnant?
Mon, 12 Aug 2013
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Dentist 's  Response

Sensodyne tooth is recommended for sensitive teeth.

If you are not c/o snesitivity,you can switch on to colgate toothpaste.

Since you are pregnant,chances of gingivitis is high in your case.

Please do visit a dentist and get a clinical check up done.

Use chlorhexidine mouthrinses to gargle.

Dentist Dr. Yogesh Tripathi's  Response
hello
sensodyne or for that matter any other sensitivity toothpaste is normally used for sensitive teeth
so if you are having sensitivity than you may use that or else you may use any normal toothpaste
having said that i will also like to inform that normally in pregnancy ...pregnancy induced gingivitis is common so maintain good oral health by following
1.luke warm saline rinses after every meal
2.hexindine mouthwash after breakfast
and also pay a visit to your dentist in the meanwhile
best of luck

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hello,sensodyne is used for sensitive tooth.Normal tooth paste are fine in pregnancy.For using sensodyne you should talk to your doctor.For normal use this is not recommended.bye.