Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Burning and numbness sensation on penis

Hi doctor, I?m 19 year old guy with tingling, burning and numb sensation on penis since last two months, prior to this I had unprotected sex with my girl. Now I have noticed clusters of small, painful, fluid-filled blisters on my penis as well. So what could have caused this? Suggest me some remedy for this.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  2461
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
From the history given by you we can think you are suffering from Genital herpes. It is an infection that causes small, painful, fluid-filled blisters on the skin around the genitals. Genital herpes appears in sexually active individuals. Herpes Simplex type 2 virus causes genital herpes. Herpes is treated with an antiviral medication that reduces symptoms and dries up the blisters. Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen, can help reduce pain. Cool compresses on the affected area may also provide relief. More severe pain may be relieved by prescription pain medications. It is important to keep your skin clean and dry so you don't develop any other types of infections in the blistered area. An antibacterial ointment to help prevent infection is given. There is no HSV-2 treatment that will completely destroy the virus.
Answered: Fri, 12 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor