Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Bulging disc with central spinal canal stenois, moderate bi-lateral foraminal stenosis and arthrosis. Explain

bulging discs at l3-4,l4-5,l5-s1 with central spinal canal stenois,moderate bi-lateral neural foraminal stenosis and arthrosis. I have an annular tear. the reports state all levels abut but do not displace traversing bilateral s1 andl5 nerve roots. I have lower back,hip buttock, groin ,and thigh pain resulting. currently taking morphine ,endocet,and muscle relaxers all of which offer little or no help. i have been told that i am not a candidate for surgery. this has ruined my life in not only work but love as well. I am extremely poor as i can not maintain a job, certain days i appear normal and extremely healthy to others. I cannot sit for any length of time as it compresses my disc`s,nor can i stand for any length of time. this has been going on since feb 23,2006. morphine and endocet do work if taken in 3x the amount prescribed. I seem to have a high tolerance - as several instances of medical procedures where it takes 3 - 4 times the normal amount of anistisha to put me under and i awake during procedure fully alert. is there anything that i could be prescribed that would give me relief without the lethargicness of morphine? I recently started methadone 10mg which also seems lile a placebo.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

I can understand from your query that the bpain associated with the bulging discs has increases. It cannot be controlled by low dose of analgesics. You require high doses.
Besides it is physiological to have increased requirement for anaesthetic agents.

At this stage when your pain is not being controlled by low opoids, it is advisable to go for suegical resection of the bulging discs.

Consult your doctor for further management of the problem.
Surgical procedures in case of disc problems are only done when conservative measures.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor