Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Bruised lump below knee after getting hurt. Is it possible to have bruised the bone?

Last night in my acting class and we were putting furniture back in the stock room, which at one point I banged the corner of the wooden table right below the knee , there is a small little bump but it does still hurt. I took an Aleve this morning as well as iced it last night once I got home. Is it possible to have bruised my bone/tibia? Should I see a doctor? Or is it a bruise that ll heal with time?
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
it sounds like you have a haematoma which is a small collection of blood that forms under the skin following an injury like this. the knee and shin are particularly prone to this. the lump often persists for a number of weeks although the associated pain should settle more quickly. there is no specific management other than antinflammatory medication for the pain and rest.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor