Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Bruised bump on the eyebrow after an injury. Need medical attention?

hi, I suffered a car accident about 8 months ago. The steering wheel hit me right between my eyebrows/eye socket and I had a black eye and bruising , and also developed a goose egg. I am wondering what I can do, because the bump is still there a little bit..I started taking vitamins c, e, a, and k. I was wondering if I should seek medical attention, although it is 8 months later. (I never went to the hospital, as I thought I was fine...) I am also wondering, how long it would take for something like this to completely harden and not be reversed. Also, if this is the case, what kind of surgery can I get to remove the bump, if it is too late and hardened.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Most of trauma wounds regress in time,but if they do persist they can either turn in to hypertrophic scar or keloid.The first one is reversible but keloid is not.You start applying hexilak gel over affected areas for 1 to 2 months ,still it persisits then you need some surgical intervention like scar revision ,or intralesional injections of kenacort.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor