Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Bruise on calf, tenderness in knee. Had same bruising after an injury long back. Serious?

2 winters ago I slipped and fell on the ice and hit my L knee , almost instantly there was a bruise on my calf (on the fat pad). It eventually went away. In April I was painting my house and woke one morning and the bruise was back, same location and size but with no pain. A few weeks ago, it happened again. Tonight I went to take a step felt a kind of little pop and some tenderness right below the knee cap, I then noticed that I was starting to get the bruise again. Is this serious or maybe just a weak vein .
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to show it to orthopaedic surgeon and get MRI of the knee joint to make sure that there is no inside problem like meniscus injury or ligament injury. I would also like to suggest you to take Brufen for pain relief along with ice application and compression bandage.
Answered: Thu, 17 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor