Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Bruise like area on calf. White with a ring. What is it?

Noticed an area on the bottom part of my left calf yesterday that looked like a small bruise . I began to rub it because i wasnt sure that it was a bruise and this morning it is about the size of nickel with a white center and red all around in a ring. I dont recall getting bit by anything and it is not raised. Any ideas on what it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i think it is tinea is a fungal infection caused by superficial presents as erythematous annular lesions with central white can be cured with vozet 5mg at night.terbinafine 250 mg for 14 days and application of terbinafine ointment can cure it
Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor