Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Brain hemorrhage occurred, in a coma for over four months. Medicines and treatment options?

I am XXXXXX!My father is having brain hemorrhage.And he is in coma for the past 4and half months!At first he was in XXXXX hospital!And for better treatment we took him to XXXX.And friday he is coming!Is there any way to wake him up from coma or any other special medicines to cure it!Please doctor tell me!i am very sad without my dad!And i really want my dad to play with me!Please help me!
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
It is unfortunate that your father is in coma for about five months now, after a brain hemorrhage. The reason for coma usually is damage to vital parts of brain (such as cerebral cortex and brain stem).
There are no specific medicines to improve coma at this stage.
However, physiotherapy is very useful. In addition, brain stimulation would also be useful. You can play music to him, through head phones. Also, try and talk to him, even though he may not respond.
Ensure adequate feeding and nutrition.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad
Answered: Mon, 3 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor